|Enzo at his friend’s house|
|Trying to get Addison’s attention by laying in her doll house…she was not amused|
|Addison at a friend’s house|
|Nana and Papa brought Nebraska gear back from their trip home|
|Practicing golf with Daddy|
|PAWS to Read at the Library|
|She’ll never be too big for Daddy’s arms|
This year on my birthday I’m thankful for so many things.
To lighten the mood from yesterday’s post I decided to ask Addison some questions that people have posted on their Facebook walls.
WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. When you re-post put your Child’s age.
1. What is something mom always says to you? Never talk to strangers
2. What makes mom happy? Her kids
3. What makes mom sad? When we don’t listen
4. How does your mom make you laugh? Tickle me
5. What was your mom like as a child? She wore glasses
6. How old is your mom? 63, Dad – 89
7. How tall is your mom? 48 tall
8. What is her favorite thing to do? To play with us
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around? She works on the computer
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? She would be a rockstar
11. What is your mom really good at? Making my lunches
12. What is your mom not very good at? A back flip
13. What does your mom do for a job? Works on the computer
14.What is your mom’s favorite food? Pineapple
15.What makes you proud of your mom? That she got us a cat
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be? A ballerina
17. What do you and your mom do together? We play together
18. How are you and your mom the same? We have blue eyes
19. How are you and your mom different? She’s big and I’m small
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because I was born in her tummy and she will always love me.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? That he hugs and kisses her and that he married her.
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? Movie Theater
23. How old was your Mom when you were born? One
Last night completely out of the blue Addison walks up to me and says, “Mommy, you are going to die soon…I can just tell. I will be really sad if you die but I know that God will keep you safe.” WTH was my first reaction…why would she say that? I immediately called Brian at work and his reaction was the same…”Why would she say that?”
In a few weeks I’ll be gone on a business trip for an entire week. I used to travel 2-3 times a year for business but haven’t traveled much in the last couple years. Now, for the first time ever I’m freaking out about the upcoming trip.
Not sure what is up this year, but we have been seeing a lot of SSE/S wind opportunities with strongest conditions north of Oregon Inlet. I have been out near daily “in town” catching great surf and sail conditions at both Bladen and Enterprise Streets in Nags Head. Many days were on the Sealion, but a few have been on the standard kit as well!
Yesterday was likely one of the best where a solid surf swell was hitting along with moderate S wind! I was, as usual, solo on my standard windsurfing kit, though a few surfers were in the lineup enjoying the head+ set peaks and average waist+ action. Warm water and lots of sun made it one of the best “in town” wavesailing days yet this year.
Though no sailing available in this clip, you can get a glimpse of the surf break and my surprise at seeing one of the bigger sets roll in as soon as I started filming the report!
Bill’s OBX Beach Life
Over the past week, the predominant OBX weather pattern has been SSE/S wind and a decent sized swell in the water ranging waist+ throughout most of the period. I have been catching daily “extended lunch break” sessions at Bladen St in town where a decent outside sandbar currently exists. Conch St has not been working as well as past years, thus focus has shifted to Bladen as well as Enterprise. Both of these spots primarily work on SSE or S, as SSW will be very sheltered. However, on the SeaLion, this is not a problem. There have been a few days where the standard kit did work, and I was even able to pop a few rare “in-town loops” off an approaching swell; however, most of the sessions have been SeaLion only.
The surf over the past week has been quite fun with a peak this past Sunday. Unfortunately, during the peak, SE winds were minimal even for the SeaLion, and the water was unseasonably cold (low 50s). I did catch a late session Sunday following the tide switch that brought in warmer water, but it was only a few waves, though fun in size and power…, of course, trunks only!
All in all, there has been plenty of in town action given all these days of SSE/S wind with strongest conditions north of O Inlet. Hopefully, things turn on down South and we see a “classic” Bermuda High lock into place with strong SSW winds daily! Of course, I have to juggle the time to get down south of the bridge, but at least I have been able to catch some fun stuff up in town lately!
Bill’s OBX Beach Life
We took the kids to the driving range this weekend after Enzo got his own Jr. set of clubs to practice hitting some balls.